Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Honeycomb Valentines Day Card

This will be my last valentines project for awhile, I have to be honest I am a little glad to be done with them.  I have been working on them since Christmas so its been a long while.  This is a card I made for my daughter, the inside is a honeycomb, I got the tutorial here Honeycomb Tutorial (Becca does amazing work).  I cut the I and U letters 4 times and glued the layers together.  I then applied stickles but it wasn't glittery enough for my daughter who loves bling (a Mom knows these things), so I applied MS clear glitter to the wet stickles.  I gave her this and the sour cream treat holder today.  Both kids loved their treats and cards, I filled them with cinnamon hearts and they both had red hands for awhile.  The honeycomb is hard to take a picture in a card because you need to spread it out but the effect is very nice.

Outside of card


Honeycomb on the inside


Supplies Used:
MM Love Notes
MM Glitter Alpha's (I colored these with a sharpie marker)
Stickles
MS Clear Glitter

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card...I bet she really loved it, bling and all! Great job, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete