Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

My favorite cardstock to use is Core'dinations and I have to be honest I tend to save it for only my favorite projects.  What makes this cardstock so great is that it has a different color core and that means you can do wonderful things to expose it.  I love to emboss and then sand the embossed area to show the other color underneath.  It works so well with spellbinders, because when you emboss the die cuts you can sand them to show the color underneath.  Here are my three projects:

Quad Easel Card
This is a such a hard card to photograph and I wish I knew a way to take pictures that show all aspects of it because its very dimensional and hard to photograph as a result.  I love making easel cards and these are so much fun to make.



Supplies used:
  • Core'dinations Aqua/Pink/White
  • Core'dinations Whitewash
  • Spellbinders Flower Bouquet Miniabilities
  • Flowers
  • Brads
  • CTMH Ink



Easel Card
I have to admit I love making easel cards so for my next card I made a regular easel card.  I made the flowers using the Black Magic Card stock, and I like the contrast it gives to the flowers.  The top and bottom flowers were made using the same color I just rolled them in the opposite way to expose the other color.

Supplies used:

  • Core'dinations Black Magic
  • Core'dinations Rose/White
  • Spellbinders Foliage
  • Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents
  • Twine
  • Bling


Thank you card
This was a clean and simple card using the Core'dinations white for the base and flower and then I used the blue in behind the flower.  The flower was made using Spellbinders Blossom 2 and the tutorial can be found here (just scroll to the bottom).


Supplies used:
  • Core'dinations white/blue
  • Spellbinders Blossom 2
  • Unity Stamps Blossom Stackers
  • Memento Ink

1 comment: