Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Sweet Sammy -Pleated Heart

This project is a layout I created for the Fur Baby Love theme at Crop Chocolate.  I was "inspired" when I saw my daughter looking at a card she had created for her cat (he passed away a few months ago), I was working a few feet away from her and she said in a small quiet voice "oh Sammy, if only you knew how much I missed you".  It took everything I had not to cry myself and I waited for her to finish with her private moment and we had a good talk.  I wanted to hug her right away but I could tell she thought she was alone and I wanted to give her some privacy.

This was such a tough layout to do and the journalling was the hardest, I really need to redo it to make it neater but I get so teary that I keep putting it off.  She was so heart broken and as a parent it was one of the hardest things I have ever dealt with (there is no making it better).

Doing the layout and journalling really helped her and I am glad I did it.  Looking at the pictures its hard not to feel a bit sorry for the cat but they were very close.  He always slept with her in her bed and tolerated her "love" when she was younger.  It was months before she stopped missing him at bed time, he was always there when she woke up.  He was such a patient cat and he is missed very much by everyone but especially by my daughter.






Here is a tutorial for the pleated heart

Step 1.  Cut a piece of paper 1 3/4" x 6" and draw a shape similar to the picture (just free hand it), this will be your template



 Step 2.  Cut out the shape




 Step 3. Take a 1 3/4" x 12" piece of paper and fold in half, trace the template on to this paper, make sure the fold is lined up on the dip part (see picture) 


Step 4. Cut out the shape and unfold




 Step 5: Take the paper and score it every 1/4"  


Step 6. Attach the ends together then push the shape together and glue it to a heart shape as the base


 Step 7.  Embellish as desired 

Supplies used:

  • EP Love Story
  • Black Soot Distress Ink
  • Fired Brick Distress Ink
  • Cameo
  • Spellbinders Scallop hearts
  • Charcol Twine
  • Red Cardstock
  • Scotch Quick Dry Glue
  • Washi Tape

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet layout to do. I have lots of furry friends too, and know how sad it is too lose one. So nice to see a 2 page layout too.

    ReplyDelete